Your location > Components > Plasma Sources > TGC-H
Thermal Gas Cracker TGC-H
- Mounting flange: 2.75" (NW35CF)
- In vacuum length: 200 mm
- In vacuum diameter: 34 mm max.
- Bakeout temperature: 200° C
- Beam Divergence: ∼15° half angle
- Gas Flow: 10-5 - 1 sccm
- Operating Pressure: < 10-10 - 10-5 mbar
- Hydrogen Flux: 5 x 1013 atoms/cm2 at 10 cm distance
- Cracking efficiency: Approaching 100 %
- E-beam Power: 0 - 60 W
- Damage free in-situ cleaning e.g. of GaAs, InP, Ge and Si.
- Removal of residual oxygen and carbon by reduction to volatile hydrides
- Low temperature cleaning
- Surfactant - promoting 2-D growth
- Post growth surface treatment/improvement
- Chemical passivation and surface reconstruction
- Annealing of amorphous silicon
The SPECS TGC-H is a fully UHV compatible thermal gas cracker source using electron bombardment heating of a tungsten capillary to thermally dissociate the gas passing through it. The cracking efficiency is determined by the equilibrium thermodynamics of the dissociation of hydrogen molecules into atoms. For capillary temperatures of 1400° C or more and pressures below 10-8 mbar this is nearly 100%. The small size and thermal mass of the capillary means that very little power is required with negligible heat load into the system. The filament itself is easy to replace. Moreover, no differential pumping is needed for operation in UHV and due to the electrically grounded capillary zero ion emission is achieved.
TGC-H product brochure
To all customers of
former Oxford Scientific Ltd.:
SPECS has taken over
the product line of deposition
sources from Oxford Scientific
in 2006, with Dr. Christian Bradley
still involved in the further
development of the sources.
For more information contact us