Your location > Components > Plasma Sources > PCS-RF
Plasma Cracker Source PCS-RF
Plasma source, atom source or ion source
- RF Auto Tuning Unit for inductively coupled Plasma Source
- RF Atom Source: Inductively coupled - 13.56 MHz
- Unique coaxial design: For easy mounting on virtually all vacuum systems.
- Operation at Low Flux for Dilute Nitrogen Growth Applications (GaAsN)
- Continously tunable from very small to very high atom fluxes
- Filamentless design: The absence of a hot filament to create the plasma, permits operation with most gases including reactive gases such as O2, chlorine, N2, and H2.
- Integral water cooling jacket: For minimum system heat load.
Nitriding: GaN, AlN, InN, SiN
Growth enhancement / surfactant In-situ etching
Oxide growth: HTc superconductors, optical coatings, dielectrics, ceramic growth, Al2O3
Reactive sputtering, laser ablation
Oxygen cleaning, Oxidation kinetics
Post growth oxidation/low temperature: SiO2
Growth enhancement / surfactant
- Can be used as plasma source, atom source or ion source
The RF plasma source is a truly UHV compatible source. Fully bakeable, with an all-welded stainless steel vacuum envelope and outstanding cooling from a water-jacket which surrounds the hot zone, it is suitable for use in vacuum levels ranging from HV to those found in the most demanding MBE applications. The RF Plasma Atom Source is intended principally for low energy and low damage surface treatment and sample growth. A specially designed aperture inhibits the release of ions from the plasma while allowing neutral atoms and molecules to effuse out. The particles released are largely thermalised (<1eV) and are therefore suitable for use in sensitive semiconductor growth, cleaning and surface treatment applications. Any residual ion current can be removed using the ion trap option where this may be of concern. The water circuit is an entirely stainless steel (no copper tubing) welded construction giving excellent mechanical, thermal and therefore operational stability.
PCS-RF product brochure
To all customers of
former Oxford Scientific Ltd.:
SPECS has taken over
the product line of deposition
sources from Oxford Scientific
in 2006, with Dr. Christian Bradley
still involved in the further
development of the sources.
For more information contact us