- Large scan area
- Special filament for long lifetime and operation with reactive gases
- Differential pumping for low pressure applications
- Power supply with integrated scan and deflection unit
- Keystone correction for depth profiling at tilted angles
- Suitable for reactive gases
- Sputter Gun: Cleaning and etching (sputtering) of any surface with fine focus
- Depth profiling in AES, XPS, SSXPS
- Primary ion source for SIMS, SNMS, ISS
- Scanning applications
The ion source IQE 12/38 is an extractor type, differentially pumped ion source producing a focused, scannable ion beam of high current density. It is a dedicated small spot source for depth profiling, ISS and SIMS.
The IQE 12/38 is mounted on a rotatable 2.75" O.D. (DN38CF) flange. It operates with a filament and ionizes the gas by electron bombardment.
At its standard working distance of 23 mm, a spot size of 160 µm is guaranteed for a beam current up to 0.7 µA at an ion energy of 5 keV, and and even lower values of 125 µm at 0.4 µA and 3 keV are achievable.
The two lens system of the source allows easy changing of the spot size, which is continuously variable from 160 µm to 1000 µm. In broad beam mode, an ion current of up to 8 µA is achievable at 5 keV (7 µA is guaranteed).